Monday, May 11, 2009

Leadership in the Classroom

Coming back from the May Day Holiday I felt more pressure on my shoulders with regard to the English classes I now teach. Apparently the students come from different English educational background (at least former teachers, so to speak), and they have different needs; and to cater to these needs with a class of 24 is already becoming not as easy as when the class started out (only 8 students).

I have no children, yet. And right now it is not easy for me to treat my students as my own kids: they are merely 10 years younger than me, but have shown everything Generation Gap prescribes. The best thing I can do is to try to become friends with them, but friends do not come with birth; friends are chosen (from both perspectives, theirs and mine).

Therefore the word Leadership comes to mind.

And this article breathes life into my work :)

No comments: